The building at 2412 Ames Ave., Omaha, owned by the Prince Hall Grand Lodge was erected 100 years ago by the Woodman of the World Druid Camp # 24. It has played a vital role in the city in the years since. It was used by the D Louis Black post 3421 Veterans of Foreign Wars from 1935 till 1967. The main room that is now the lodge room doubled as a dance hall during that time, hosting many of the great jazz bands through the years. The Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Nebraska, Grand Chapter Order of the Eastern Star and other Prince Hall concordant bodies utilize the building for their meetings and activities.
It was indeed an honor to attend the celebration along WB Ron Stites, GJD. Also in attendance was Tangier Shrine and the Daughters of the American Revolution.