The Grand Master’s Road Trip around the state began on June 25, 2017 in Fremont. The group will travel around Nebraska to lodges and other venues, ending on July 1 in the Omaha area.
Father’s Day brunch at Cooper Farm! The Grand Master’s lady bought the meal! Fun and service by Capitol Lodge No. 3.
June 17 was the 125th anniversary of East Lincoln Lodge No. 210. GM Myers, MW Reg Kuhn, and Brothers from Cotner Lodge No. 297 and East Lincoln Lodege No. 210 celebrated. WM LeRoy Rosenthal presented perpetual memberships to his two sons. A nice night of fellowship and rich tradition, with perfect service from the daughters of Job!
On June 16, Most Worshipful Rick Myers got to be a judge in Florence Lodge No. 281 Foundation photo contest. Out of many superb photos, these were judged best examples of “Bringing Light to the World.” Omaha Police Captain was also a judge and the GM’s personal guard while in Benson.
On June 15, Grand Master Myers enjoyed presenting three scholarships to three Nebraska Jobs Daughters. What a terrific group of young women!
On June 13, Grand Master Myers and Grand Marshall John Ferguson attended the picnic and outdoor meeting of Platte Valley Lodge No. 32 in North Platte. Brethren attended from Wallace, Hyannis, and Ogallala. Excellent fellowship and fun!
Franklin Lodge No. 264 celebrated 110 years as a lodge on June 11, 2017. The event was attended by several Franklin lodge members, local Star members, brothers from Jachin Lodge No. 146 in Holdrege, Grand Master Rick Myers and his Lady Marsha, Grand Junior Deacon Alex Straatmann and his Lady Kim.
A brief history was provided by Secretary Jerrell Gerdes, summarizing the following:
The City of Franklin was only 25 years old when our Masonic Lodge was granted a Charter as JEPTHA Lodge on June 11, 1907 by the Grand Master Ornan L. King. Turns out that name was rejected by Grand Lodge, and instead the ROLLAND H. OAKLEY LODGE #264 was the Charter name,. That name was not acceptable to the local Masons, and finally June 9, 1909 the Lodge was name Fraanklin Lodge #264 A.F.&A.M. under the signature of Grand Master William A. DeBord.
Anyway, the Franklin Lodge began on June 11, 1907 110 years ago today! The Masons met in homes, then the Conklin Building (Lipp Building), then Hutchins Furniture later Marcellus Furniture, then on November 7, 1981 the present building was dedicated. This came after 70 years of labor to find a permanent home. At the dedication, Secretary James Hill acknowledged Past Master Clarence Paulson who had served as Master for twelve years and is credited with pursuing this Temple.
During the past 110 years, Joppa Lodge #76 in Bloomington, Riveerton Lodge #63 in Riverton, and Republican City Lodge #98 have consolidated with Franklin #264. Our membership is 51 today, half of our members are absentee due to their residence in 2017. Over the 110 years, Leadership has been strong, 52 Worshipful Masters, Jerrell Gerdes serving 13 years and Clarence Paulsen serving 12 of years. Leaving 50 individuals who lead also.
Any accounting must also mark the service of Perry L. Slocum who served as Treasurer for 54 years!! Ugene Blank served 19 years!! Secretary service includes Earl Tuers Sr. who served 32 years, followed by 13 years by Steve Siel.
Following the meal, Grand Master Myers presented a short talk on the Grand Lodge of Nebraska. The Grand Master is having a Ride Across Nebraska, welcome are VINTAGE AND CLASSIC CARS, MOTORCYCLES etc. They will be staying the 29th of June in Red Cloud.